A brand new release that comes packed with lots of bug fixes and new features! 🎉
Download Link: https://datadyne.perfectdark.space/monogatari/releases/Monogatari-v2.0.0.beta.3.zip
The website has been updated and now shows two options to download, the stable version (v1.4.1) and the nightly version (v2.x.x). This has been added to prevent any more confusion on where to get the v2 release from and the link will be constantly updated to point to the newest version available.
The contributors list has also been updated, let me know if there's anyone missing!
📰 Release Change Log
🌟 New Features
- A new error will be shown when trying to hide a character that was not currently visible or that did not exist
- The community forum link will now appear in the errors footer as a resource where people can get help from
- NGINX configuration files are now available under the
- A new event
didFinishTyping will be emitted every time a dialog is fully typed out
- Main menu music will not be restarted if it was started manually
show video action now supports adding classes to the video using the
- Electron app menu is now disabled by default
- It is now possible to add/prepare a transition for when a sprite gets changed, for more information you can check out the pull request that added this feature, documentation is on the works!
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Save/Load slots were not being ordered correctly, they will now return to be ordered from oldest to newest.
- Scenes would remove characters but not remove them from the state, causing them to be shown incorrectly after a load. Scenes will now handle the state correctly to prevent that.
- When loading a save file, there was a chance that after images/sprites were shown, a scene action would remove them. The scene action now checks if the game is being loaded before removing any elements.
- Voice audio would stop playing when clicking to advance even if the game failed to advance because other action blocked it. Voices will now only be silenced after the engine has a green light on the advance.
- Dependencies where updated to the latest version available
- French translations were corrected and updated
- It is now possible to use the
ShadowComponent class from the Pandora library
- A new feature to add a nice transition between one position to another has been added but it was temporarily disabled since it caused some conflicts with some animation classes.
How To Upgrade
If you were already using a previous release from
v2.x.x, then upgrading is as simple as replacing the files in your
engine directory with the new ones.
If you are planning to upgrade from a game made with the
v1.4.1 release, we recommend you reading the Upgrade Guide