A topic to gather the most common needs of the community to give to Monogatari creator some insights before the production of the upcoming layered sprite feature.
my needs :
- of course something to layer hair, face expression, clothes, accessories etc on top of a body image.
- something that let me easily change layers with a command/function or according to the value of some variables.
- something that let me easily change a value of a variable according to the layers present on the character. (ex: if player has picked up this shirt, this pants, this hat, so it add this score to one or more variables).
- something that let me add a css class to each layer (ex : a hat) to add rules like css filters on each to change the color or the effect.
for what ?
- dollmaker, characters customisation.
- object with layers like a customizable cars, furniture, etc... (in this case maybe the character object should have a second instance for non-character items on the screen).
That's it for me I think.