This small release also comes with the great news that the community bug where the tags filter didn't work has been fixed now!
Download Link: Monogatari-v2.0.2.zip
📰 Release Change Log
🌟 New Features
- Indonesian translations is now available for the UI (Thanks you mnafisalmukhdi1!)
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Shake animations have been updated and some issues where they behaved differently to the other animations have been addressed.
- Issue #136: Changing the volume of media (music, sound, voice) from the settings screen, would override the relative volume set by the script (i.e.
play music myMusic with volume 20) of the media being played .
- Dependencies have been upgraded to their latest version
- The npm package has been updated to this latest version
- Issue #128: jQuery has finally been removed from the distribution package, meaning the
vendor directory is now gone. This was long due, jQuery was initially bundled together with monogatari for two reasons: the core used to use it in much earlier versions (v1.x times) and, many of the tutorials you'd find online about how to do things on the web would point to jQuery-based solutions so it was provided in order to simplify things to game developers. A lot of time has passed since then, and Monogatari dropped its usage on the core quite a while ago while also providing a simple enough bundled-in replacement in the form of the Artemis library. Games that still rely on jQuery can continue using it with no problem but they'll have to download jQuery and add it to their project manually from now on.
How To Upgrade
If you're on the v2.x.x version
If you were already using a previous release from
v2.x.x, then upgrading is pretty simple, replace the files in your
engine directory with the new ones,
If you're on v1.4.1 (stable) or below:
If you are planning to upgrade from a game made with the
v1.4.1 release, we recommend you reading the Upgrade Guide